Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Cape Cod Times Letter by Member - Dan Corrigan

'Our enemies' means Bush's enemies


None of the people America is killing in Iraq are enemies of mine.

When President Bush and his cohorts speak of "our enemy," he's not speaking for me. I've got nothing against any Shiite, Sunni, or Kurdish man, woman or child. When Bush orders these people killed, he's not killing them for me. He might be killing them for his America, but he's not killing for mine, because my America is different from that.

My America would never torture anyone — an America where government serves the poor as well as it serves the rich. My America believes in justice, talking about our differences with other countries and not killing over them, and belief in the rule of law.

Bush's America, however, is a different story.

It may irritate Sen. Inhofe if he heard it, but let me be clear: None of these Iraqis America kills, maims, or totally terrifies are enemies of mine, especially the children. And I apologize as deeply as I can to these victims of Bush's reckless, unchecked greed. I wish I could tell all of Iraq how saddened I am, how ashamed I am of what America has done to them. When will their Bush-caused nightmare ever end? When will ours?

Dan Corrigan

Harwich

No comments:

How do I Reserve Seats on the Cape Cod & Islands Peace Buses

If you want to reserve a seat or seats on next Cape & Islanders Peace Bus RESERVE TODAY.
Call local coordinator listed or send a check made out to John J. Bangert for $65 for each seat. This needs to be sent in the mail directly to us, John J. Bangert, 5 Stage Coach Road, Harwich, MA 02645, Call: (508) 432-0545